Since 1991, Crossings Dance has been committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by our accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training and as a leader in the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
For 27 years Crossings has been and continues to be dedicated to excellence through best practices in:
- Creating a positive and empowering learning environment where all ages and abilities are welcome.
- Providing dance training by qualified, accredited and experienced teaching professionals.
- Developing versatile dancers, prepared for the demands or professional dance training or higher education.
- Research based supplementary training for dancers.
- Artistic development through performance opportunities and mentorship (Crossings Youth Dance Company)
- Teacher training, education and mentorship (T.E.A.M.)
- Integrating a holistic approach to dance training, developing the body, mind and spirit.
- Recognizing safe dance practices as an essential element for ensuring optimal performance, longevity and injury prevention.
Class are offered in Ballet (IS.T.D. & R.A.D. syllabi), Modern (Limon-based & I.S.T.D.), Contemporary, Jazz, Tap and Acro along with specifically designed supplemental training and enrichment classes.
Crossings is about more than just great dancing. It is about your child finding a place to grow, to fulfill their dance dreams, and to be nurtured in a community that respects the whole person (body, mind and spirit). A community committed to innovation in dance training and passionate about enriching your child’s dance experience.
We have always been, and will continue to be, a place of intersection between: faith and art, tradition and innovation, and technique and artistry. Today we are also recognized for influencing teacher education, mentoring future dance artists and integrating strength and conditioning to develop healthy and whole dancers.
Our logo draws from art history. The circle and intersecting threads represent unity, wholeness, infinity and God. The lines in our logo carry forward this theme and represent movement, dance, intersections and the interactions of the community at Crossings Dance. The cross at the centre represents our roots as a faith-based dance school and our mission to nurture the whole dancer.