Crossings Dance is committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by our accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training, and as a leader in the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap and Acro dance.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program.
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving!
Didn't receive our January Newsletter? Download it here!
Family Day Weekend
Reminder that Crossings will be closed for Family Day
weekend Saturday Feb 17 - Monday Feb 19.
All classes resume Tuesday Feb 20th.
We hope you enjoy the time with your family!
Crossings swag is still available.
Get your sweat pants, sweatshirt, or t-shirt today!
Swag is available at the studio office.
We would just like to remind you that we have a very busy parking lot, and we need to be respectful of all the businesses in the building who use it. Thank you for your cooperation!
Find Crossings Dance on Facebook
Follow @CrossingsDance on Twitter
Follow @crossingsdance on Instagram
Crossings Youth Dance Company (aka. CYDC) is a Calgary faith-based performance group that provides an outlet for young dancers to develop their artistic skill and gain performance experience. Through mentorship of the whole dancer (body, mind, spirit) CYDC hopes to expand the dancers understanding and integration of faith and art. As well, through ministry opportunities such as performing in churches, schools, senior homes and community events CYDC desires to give back to the community and inspire others.
Click here for more information about CYDC, upcoming performances, annual auditions and to book CYDC today!
- Feb 9 - 10, 2018 CYDC Performance @ DJD
- Feb 17 - 19, 2018 Family Day Long Weekend (no classes)
- Mar 26 - Apr 7, 2018 Spring Break
- Apr 9, 2018 Classes Resume
- May 5, 2018 CYDC 2018-19 Auditions
- May 21, 2018 Victoria Day (classes as usual)
- May 28, 2018 Year End Dress Rehearsal
- May 29, 2018 Year End Recital
- May 30, 2018 No Classes
- May 31, 2018 Make up Class for Thursday classes
- June 2 - 7, 2018 Photo Week
- June 7, 2018 Last Day of Full Year Classes
- July 6 - 8, 2018 Project Dance Calgary
- July 16 - 20, 2018 Tutus & Tiaras Summer Camp *TBC
Here is a look at all of the entries and winners from this past summer's #crossingsdancelife contest.
Crossings students were encouraged to take a dance photo anywhere in the world, then post to it Instagram or Facebook,
hashtagging #crossingsdancelife and tagging @crossingsdance. This fall, Crossings staff went through dozens of entries
and chose 3 winners... Emma B. (Vocational 1), Allyson M. (Grade 6) and Janine H. (Vocational 4).
We look forward to seeing what our students come up with next summer!