For 31 years, Crossings Dance has remained committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by accredited faculty. We have a legacy of providing high-quality technical and artistic training. Through our leadership in dance education and the integration of dance science, we focus on providing the necessary tools for our students to achieve their dance goals. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity, uniqueness and well-being of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Despite these uncertain times, it is with hope & faith that we enter into this 31st year and with humility & awe that we look back on all that our Crossings community has accomplished. If you are looking for a fresh and innovative dance experience, consider joining us for our 2021/22 season of dance!
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program, Pre-Primary & Primary programs.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap, Acro and Musical Theatre.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program. Offering classes in Ballet, Modern/Contemporary, and more!
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving! Offering Adult Tap & Restorative Stretch classes.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- Give the gift of dance! Join us this season at Crossings!
- Crossings will be closed or our February Break - February 16-21, 2022
- Registration is ONGOING for all full Year & Sessional Classes. REGISTER TODAY!
- Download our Covid Health & Safety Protocols here.
We hope you will join us for our 2021/22 Season of Dance!
Questions? Email us today!
If you are currently registered for our 2021/22 dance season, we would like to offer you a reward for sharing your love of dance at Crossings with a friend!
Refer a friend to Crossings and if they register between November 22nd - January 30th you will receive a
$25 Bodythings gift certificate 🎉
New students may register in any of our Full Year classes or Session 2 classes!
Session 2 begins
MONDAY, JANUARY 3RD‼️
Other ways you can help spread the word about Crossings:
- Tell your friends!
- Write us a review on Google!
- Follow us on Instagram & Facebook (@crossingsdance)
- Invite your friends, family & neighbours to our performances & events
- Let your churches know about CYDC
Thanks for supporting your Crossings community!
REGISTRATION is still OPEN for all
Full Year & Session 2 classes!
Don't miss out on our exciting line up of Sessional classes!
Session 2 begins Monday, January 3rd.
- TINY TOES (Ages 3-4) -
Tap & Twirl
Monday 1:00 - 1:45pm
Tuesday 5:00 - 5:30pm
Saturday 10:00 - 10:30am
Tumble & Twist
Thursday 2:00 - 2:45pm
- CHILD (Ages 5-7) -
Ballet/Jazz Combo (Sessional)
- ADULT -
Adult Tap (Beg)
Adult Tap (Inter/Adv)
Adult Ballet (Beg)
Crossings will be closed
February 16-21, 2022
for our extended family Day Weekend.
We hope you enjoy time with your loved ones ♡
We have had an amazing first session of our Alumni Class and can not wait to keep it going in the new year!
This class is geared to graduated & retired dancers who might be out of shape, hesitant to take a class, miss moving, or just want to enjoy a fun class!!
Join us for this 8 week Modern/Contemporary class running January 3rd thru March 2nd.
8:00 - 9:15pm
$125 + gst
If you have missed dancing, this is the perfect opportunity to get back into class, connect with your friends and have FUN!
We can’t wait to see you back in the studio!
We are offering private instruction for any students who wish to participate in private or semi-private (cohort) coaching sessions. This is a valuable opportunity to have individualized attention from some of Calgary’s leading dance teachers.
Benefits of Private Lessons:
1. Safe dancing environment
2. Personalized programming and growth tracking
3. Meets your schedule’s needs
4. Genre specific training options
5. Bonding and mentorship
Weekly private lessons are available:
Tuesday 6:30 - 7:15pm
Wednesday 4:30 - 5:15pm
*Lessons may also be scheduled individually with one of our Crossings faculty members for times outside what is listed above.
If you are interested in scheduling a private lesson
contact us today!
Click here to complete our
FIT FOR DANCE Screening Questionnaire.
*All students, faculty and staff must complete this questionnaire (daily) prior to attending class. A QR code has been placed on both of our front entrances for easy access! But we highly encourage you save the link on your phone and complete the questionnaire before arriving at the studio. Thank you!
Download important documents, quick access out our FIT FOR DANCE questionnaires and take a tour of our updated studio!
Monday - Friday
4:00 - 7:00pm
We would love to hear from you or meet you in person! Please contact us and we will happily arrange a time for you to come in for a visit - we will give you a tour of our studios, answer any of your questions and help you get registered for 2021/22 classes!
If you would like more information about Crossings and what we offer, please contact us! If these days or times do not work with your schedule, please contact us and we would be happy to arrange an individual appointment with you.
- Sept 11 First day of Full Year & Sessional Classes
- Sept 11-15 FREE trail week!
- Sept 18 Open House & Second hand sale
- Sept 30 National Day for Truth & Reconciliation (Studio Closed)
- Oct 9-11 Thanksgiving weekend (Studio Closed)
- Oct 18-23 Bring A Friend Week!
- Nov 11 Remembrance Day (Studio Closed)
- Dec 6 Session 1 classes end
- Dec 6-11 Christmas at Crossings
- Dec 12 Crazy 'Bout Christmas One-Day Fun-Day
- Dec 13-18 Pajama Party week!
- Dec 18 Last day of classes
- Dec 19-Jan 2 Christmas Break (Studio Closed)
- Jan 3 Full Year & Sessional Classes resume
- Feb 16-21 Family Day weekend (Studio Closed)
- Mar 4-5 CYDC Performance
- Mar 19 Session 2 classes end
- Mar 21-26 Spring Break (Studio Closed)
- Mar 28 Session 3 classes begin
- Apr 15-18 Easter Break (Studio Closed)
- May 23 Victoria Day (Studio OPEN)
- May 14 CYDC Auditions
- May 30-31 Year End Dress Rehearsal & Recital
- June 1 Recital rest (Studio Closed)
- June 2 Make up classes for Thur evening classes
- June 7-13 Last week of classes/Photo Week
- June 11 Session 3 classes end
- June 13 Last day of classes
Download your printable2021-22 Important Dates here.
Crossings Youth Dance Company - Inter/Senior Dancers
Performed at: Project Dance NYC April 27, 2019
Choreography: Shelby Kelly
Music: Sleeping At Last