Crossings Dance is committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by our accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training, and as a leader in the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap and Acro dance.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program.
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving!
- Vote for Crossings as Calgary's favourite dance studio in the Reader's Choice Awards!
- Parent Viewing Week (for all Full Year classes) is November 12-15!
- Come try a dance class at Crossings! Contact us for more details!
- Full Year Classes have begun!
- Sessional classes have begun! Download our Sessional Calendar for class dates.
- It's not too late to register! Registration for our 2018-19 season is ongoing. Contact us to register today!
- Are you an Advanced or Pre-Professional dancer looking for a great Modern class in the Calgary area? Join us for our Open Limon-based Modern class.
Find out more about these exciting happenings below or
email us today!
Crossings Swag is still available! Get your sweatpants, sweatshirt or t-shirt today. Visit us at the studio front desk.
We would just like to remind you that we have a very busy parking lot and we need to be respectful of all the businesses in the
building who use it. Thank you for your cooperation!
Crossings family and friends, does Crossings hold a special place in your heart? If so, we would love your support!
Please click here to vote for Crossings as Calgary's favourite dance school!!!
Help make our beautiful and unique studio known beyond our community!
Parents, we would love for you to join us the week of November 12-15, 2018 for Parent Viewing Week*! You are welcome to attend any of your children's Full Year classes.
*Sessional classes not included.
Contact us for more information!
We are excited to introduce you to our 2018-19 Crossings Youth Dance Company dancers!
Curious about CYDC?
Interested in booking CYDC for your church service, school or community event?
Want to catch a CYDC performance?
Click here to find out more!
Last Summer we held a dance photo contest, and it was so much fun, we're doing it again! This Summer, we encourage all of our students to take a photo of themselves doing their favourite dance jump! Post it to Instagram, tag @crossingsdance and hashtag #crossingsdancelife, and you could win!
1. Take a picture of your dance jump
2. Post it to Instagram
3. Tag @crossingsdance
4. Hashtag #crossingsdancelife
We look forward to seeing all of this year's entries!
Did you know that Crossings Youth Dance Company travels every April to NYC to participate in Project Dance New York City?
Here is one of the dances three of our Vocational 4/Intersect dancers performed when they took the stage in Times Square this April:
Crossings Youth Dance Company at Project Dance NYC
April 21, 2018
Dancers: CYDC Intersect Dancers
Music: Love Song by KXC Worship
Choreography: Ainsley Sudds
- November 12-15, 2018 Parent Viewing
- November 18, 2018 CYDC at Spruce Meadows (1:30pm)
- November 30, 2018 CYDC at Spruce Meadows (5:15pm)
- December 17-22, 2018 Pajama Party Week
- December 22, 2018 Last Day of Full Year Classes (Saturday)
- December 23 - January 6 Christmas Break (Studio Closed)
- January 7, 2019 Full Year Classes Resume
- February 9-10, 2019 CYDC performance
- February 16-18, 2019 Family Day Weekend (no classes)
- March 23, 2019 Last Day of Classes (Saturday)
- March 24 - April 5 Spring Break (Studio Closed)
- April 6, 2019 Classes Resume
- April 19-21, 2019 Easter Weekend (Studio Closed)
- April 22, 2019 Easter Monday (Studio Open - Classes as Usual)
- May 20, 2019 Victoria Day (Studio Open - Classes as Usual)
- May 29-31, 2019 No Classes
- June 1-6, 2019 Photo Week
- June 6, 2019 Last Day of Full Year Classes
Here is a look at all of the entries and winners from last summer's #crossingsdancelife contest.
Crossings students were encouraged to take a dance photo anywhere in the world, then post to it Instagram or Facebook,
hashtagging #crossingsdancelife and tagging @crossingsdance. This fall, Crossings staff went through dozens of entries
and chose 3 winners... Emma B. (Vocational 1), Allyson M. (Grade 6) and Janine H. (Vocational 4).
We look forward to seeing what our students come up with this summer!