Crossings Dance is committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by our accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training, and as a leader in the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program, Pre-Primary & Primary programs.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap, Acro and Musical Theatre.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program.
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving!
Our 2019/20 dance season has begun!
WELCOME BACK DANCERS!!!
- Be sure to check out our October Newsletter! Chech your email or download it here.
- Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Be sure to check out our WALL OF THANKS!
- The studio will be closed October 12-14 for Thanksgiving Weekend. There are no classes Sat, Oct 12th or Mon, Oct 14th.
- CYDC is NOW BOOKING for the upcoming Advent/Christmas season! Contact us today if you would like more information on having CYDC as part of your community or event!
- 'A Nutcrackin' Christmas' - Crossings Christmas Gala & Student Showcase - Sunday, Dec. 1 - Tickets ON SALE Nov. 1
- Check out our exciting 2019/20 Class Schedule!
- Registration for 2019/20 Classes is ONGOING!! Register today to save a spot in your favourite class!
- Click here to check out the videos of our CYDC dancers recently performing in NYC!!
Questions? Email us today!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner!
Be sure to check out and add to our our
WALL OF THANKS at the studio.
Crossings will be closed for Thanksgiving weekend and there will be no classes Saturday, Oct 12th - Monday, October 14th. Classes will resume Tuesday, October 15th.
Crossings Youth Dance Company has been performing in Calgary churches for over 20 years. Our ministry as a company is to be a bridge between the church and dance community, providing the church with excellent and thought-provoking dance and bringing inspiring dance into the community. We would love to bless your community with dance.
To assist you in choosing the best piece of choreography for your event, we have compiled a full repertoire list of the dances available, including descriptions, themes and links to rehearsal videos.
Download our current répertoire list here.
If you have any questions about our choreography, themes or how to integrate dance into your church service, please let us know, we would be happy to provide you with more information.
We look forward to working with you to customize the integration of dance into your church service, children’s ministry, youth or community event.
For more information or to book CYDC click here.
CYDC is available for bookings October 2019 through April 2020.
Crossings Annual Christmas Gala
and Student Showcase
We are thrilled to be presenting our first full school Christmas Gala and Student showcase on Sunday, December 1st. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to celebrate our students’ achievements and gather as a community to start the Christmas season. All Crossings students will be performing in A Nutchrackin’ Christmas. Please mark this important date in your calendar. Seating is limited so grab your tickets as soon as they go on sale (Nov 1st).
SAVE THE DATE!!!
Sunday, December 1, 2019
Glenmore Christian Academy
(16520 24 St SW, Calgary, AB)
Tickets ON SALE November 1st.
Free for children 5 yrs & under
*Tickets can be purchased at Crossings Dance or online.
*This performance includes ALL Crossings students.
Please review arrival times below:
Dancers arrival: 2:30pm
Tiny Toes & Pre Primary arrival: 3:00pm
Pick up: At the end of the performance
Crossings Youth Dance Company (aka. CYDC) is a Calgary faith-based performance group that provides an outlet for young dancers to develop their artistic skill and gain performance experience. Through mentorship of the whole dancer (body, mind, spirit) CYDC hopes to expand the dancers understanding and integration of faith and art. As well, through ministry opportunities such as performing in churches, schools, senior homes and community events CYDC desires to give back to the community and inspire others.
Mondays 3:30 - 6:30pm
Tuesdays 3:30 - 6:30pm
Wednesdays 3:30 - 6:30pm
Thursdays 3:30 - 6:30pm
We would love to meet you!
Come on in for a visit - we will give you a tour of our studios, answer any of your questions and help you get registered for 2019/20 classes!
If these days or times do not work with your schedule, please contact us and we would be happy to arrange an individual appointment with you.
We have changed some of our class names for our 2019/20 season. Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 will now go by Pre-Junior 1 & 2, Junior 1 & 2 and Intermediate 1 & 2. In order to help you better understand what levels to register for we have created a conversion sheet for you here!
We are also very excited to be offering a variety of Tiny Toes & Pre Primary class times and styles! From Ballet, Jazz, Tap and Acro!!
Don't miss out on these exciting classes!
Have questions? We would love to hear from you!
Crossings Youth Dance Company - Inter/Senior Dancers
Performed at: Project Dance NYC April 27, 2019
Choreography: Shelby Kelly
Music: Sleeping At Last
- September 9, 2019 Classes begin (Monday)
- September 9-14, 2019 FREE Trial Classes
- September 15, 2019 Open House & Second Hand Dancewear Sale (2-4pm)
- September 23-28, 2019 Bring-a-Friend Week
- October 12-14, 2019 Thanksgiving Weekend (Studio closed, No classes)
- Nov 11, 2019 Remembrance Day (Classes as usual)
- Dec 1, 2019 Christmas Gala (All students)
- Dec 16-21, 2019 Pajama Part Week
- Dec 22, 2019 Last day of classes (Saturday)
- Dec 22 - Jan 25, 2020 Christmas Break (Studio closed)
- Jan 6, 2020 Classes resume (Monday)
- Jan 20-24, 2020 Parent Viewing Week
- Feb 7-8, 2020 CYDC Performance
- Feb 13-17, 2020 Family Day Weekend (Studio closed, No classes)
- March 27, 2020 Last day of classes (Friday)
- March 28-Apr 3, 2020 Spring Break (Studio closed)
- April 4, 2020 Classes resume (Saturday)
- April 10-12, 2020 Easter Weekend (Studio closed, No classes)
- April 12, 2020 Easter Monday (Classes as usual)
- May 18, 2020 Victoria Day (Classes as usual)
- May 25, 2020 Year End Dress Rehearsal *TBA
- May 26, 2020 Year End Recital *TBA
- May 27-30, 2020 No Classes
- June 1-7, 2020 Photo Week
- June 7, 2020 Last day of classes (Saturday)