For 31 years, Crossings Dance has remained committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by accredited faculty. We have a legacy of providing high-quality technical and artistic training. Through our leadership in dance education and the integration of dance science, we focus on providing the necessary tools for our students to achieve their dance goals. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity, uniqueness and well-being of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Despite these uncertain times, it is with hope & faith that we enter into this 31st year and with humility & awe that we look back on all that our Crossings community has accomplished. If you are looking for a fresh and innovative dance experience, consider joining us for our 2021/22 season of dance!
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program, Pre-Primary & Primary programs.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap, Acro and Musical Theatre.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program. Offering classes in Ballet, Modern/Contemporary, and more!
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving! Offering Adult Tap & Restorative Stretch classes.
WELCOME BACK DANCERS!!!
- It's NOT TOO LATE to register for dance! Join us this season at Crossings!
- CHRISTMAS AT CROSSINGS ~ December 6-11, 2021. Details below!
- CRAZY 'BOUT CHRISTMAS ONE-DAY FUN-DAY ~ December 12, 2021, 1:30 - 4:30pm
- PAJAMA PARTY WEEK ~ December 13-18, 2021
- CHRISTMAS BREAK ~ December 19, 2021 - January 2, 2022.
- Join us for SESSION 2 beginning Monday, January 3rd.
- Download our Covid Health & Safety Protocols here.
We hope you will join us for our 2021/22 Season of Dance!
Questions? Email us today!
HOPE • JOY • PEACE • LOVE
to you and your loved ones this Christmas.
From all of us at Crossings Dance ♥
Crossings will be closed and there are no classes
December 19 - January 2.
All classes resume Monday, January 3.
SAVE THE DATE!!!
December 6th – 11th, 2020
We are excited to announce that our Christmas at Crossings Showcase will be once again be happening this year! Our students have been working hard and are incredibly excited to share their Christmas performances with you. These mini performances will be hosted in-studio with special lighting, staging and decorations, and with the option of Zoom for those who are not able to join us in-person.
Crossings families - Please refer to your email for performance and ticket details.
Schedule attached below!
We hope you are as excited as we are to celebrate the holiday season in this joyous, dance-filled way!
Merry Christmas from the Crossings Team ❤️
Need a little time for Christmas shopping, baking, or just taking a break?!!
We are excited to be bringing back our One-Day Fun-Day Dance Parties as a way to provide fun opportunities for young dancers to move, create and explore seasonal themes with new friends AND to provide YOU with a few free hours to run errands, do some Christmas shopping, catch up with a friend or just have an afternoon to yourself.
Join us for our
Crazy ‘bout Christmas
Sunday, December 12, 2021
$40/Student or $65/family
If you love all things Christmas, this is the party for you! This Christmas themed event will have your dancers twirling through blizzards, galloping with the reindeer, rolling like snowballs and leaping through winter wonderland obstacle courses! Dancers will also enjoy dance games and activities, making a Christmas craft, snack break, and story time!
This is a great opportunity to invite your friends and family to join in on the fun! Looking forward to all the dancing adventures ahead!
December 13 - 18, 2021
Dancers in all full year classes are invited to wear their favourite PJ's and bring some hot cocoa or treat to our final week of classes before Christmas!
Crossings Youth Dance Company (aka. CYDC) is thrilled to be able to continue the tradition of sharing dance with church communities around Calgary during the Advent & Christmas season ✨
We would love to offer your church community a performance this Advent/Christmas season. CONTACT US for a list of our 2021 Advent/Christmas repertoire that is currently available. As we feel this is our ministry, we do not charge for our performances but if able, we would like to share with your community about Crossings, present a slide in your announcements, be mentioned on your social media and/or offer information in the foyer at the end of the service.
If you are currently registered for our 2021/22 dance season, we would like to offer you a reward for sharing your love of dance at Crossings with a friend!
Refer a friend to Crossings and if they register between November 22nd - January 30th you will receive a
$25 Bodythings gift certificate 🎉
New students may register in any of our Full Year classes or Session 2 classes!
Session 2 begins
MONDAY, JANUARY 3RD‼️
Other ways you can help spread the word about Crossings:
- Tell your friends!
- Write us a review on Google!
- Follow us on Instagram & Facebook (@crossingsdance)
- Invite your friends, family & neighbours to our performances & events
- Let your churches know about CYDC
Thanks for supporting your Crossings community!
Don't miss out on our exciting line up of Sessional classes!
Session 2 begins Monday, January 3rd.
- TINY TOES (Ages 3-4) -
Tap & Twirl
Monday 1:00 - 1:45pm
Tuesday 5:00 - 5:30pm
Saturday 10:00 - 10:30am
Tumble & Twist
Thursday 2:00 - 2:45pm
- CHILD (Ages 5-7) -
Ballet/Jazz Combo (Sessional)
- ADULT -
Adult Tap (Beg)
Adult Tap (Inter/Adv)
Adult Ballet (Beg)
We have had an amazing first session of our Alumni Class and can not wait to keep it going in the new year!
This class is geared to graduated & retired dancers who might be out of shape, hesitant to take a class, miss moving, or just want to enjoy a fun class!!
Join us for this 8 week Modern/Contemporary class running January 3rd thru February 23rd.
8:00 - 9:15pm
$125 + gst
If you have missed dancing, this is the perfect opportunity to get back into class, connect with your friends and have FUN!
We can’t wait to see you back in the studio!
We are offering private instruction for any students who wish to participate in private or semi-private (cohort) coaching sessions. This is a valuable opportunity to have individualized attention from some of Calgary’s leading dance teachers.
Benefits of Private Lessons:
1. Safe dancing environment
2. Personalized programming and growth tracking
3. Meets your schedule’s needs
4. Genre specific training options
5. Bonding and mentorship
Weekly private lessons are available:
Tuesday 6:30 - 7:15pm
Wednesday 4:30 - 5:15pm
*Lessons may also be scheduled individually with one of our Crossings faculty members for times outside what is listed above.
If you are interested in scheduling a private lesson
contact us today!
Click here to complete our
FIT FOR DANCE Screening Questionnaire.
*All students, faculty and staff must complete this questionnaire (daily) prior to attending class. A QR code has been placed on both of our front entrances for easy access! But we highly encourage you save the link on your phone and complete the questionnaire before arriving at the studio. Thank you!
Download important documents, quick access out our FIT FOR DANCE questionnaires and take a tour of our updated studio!
Monday - Friday
4:00 - 7:00pm
We would love to hear from you or meet you in person! Please contact us and we will happily arrange a time for you to come in for a visit - we will give you a tour of our studios, answer any of your questions and help you get registered for 2021/22 classes!
If you would like more information about Crossings and what we offer, please contact us! If these days or times do not work with your schedule, please contact us and we would be happy to arrange an individual appointment with you.
- Sept 11 First day of Full Year & Sessional Classes
- Sept 11-15 FREE trail week!
- Sept 18 Open House & Second hand sale
- Sept 30 National Day for Truth & Reconciliation (Studio Closed)
- Oct 9-11 Thanksgiving weekend (Studio Closed)
- Oct 18-23 Bring A Friend Week!
- Nov 11 Remembrance Day (Studio Closed)
- Dec 6 Session 1 classes end
- Dec 6-11 Christmas at Crossings
- Dec 12 Crazy 'Bout Christmas One-Day Fun-Day
- Dec 13-18 Pajama Party week!
- Dec 18 Last day of classes
- Dec 19-Jan 2 Christmas Break (Studio Closed)
- Jan 3 Full Year & Sessional Classes resume
- Feb 16-21 Family Day weekend (Studio Closed)
- Mar 19 Session 2 classes end
- Mar 21-26 Spring Break (Studio Closed)
- Mar 28 Session 3 classes begin
- Apr 15-18 Easter Break (Studio Closed)
- May 23 Victoria Day (Studio OPEN)
- May 14 CYDC Auditions
- May 30-31 Year End Dress Rehearsal & Recital
- June 1 Recital rest (Studio Closed)
- June 2 Make up classes for Thur evening classes
- June 7-13 Last week of classes/Photo Week
- June 11 Session 3 classes end
- June 13 Last day of classes
Download your printable2021-22 Important Dates here.
Crossings Youth Dance Company - Inter/Senior Dancers
Performed at: Project Dance NYC April 27, 2019
Choreography: Shelby Kelly
Music: Sleeping At Last