For 30 years, Crossings Dance has been committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training, and as a leader in dance education and the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Despite these uncertain times, it is with hope & faith that we enter into this 30th year and with humility & awe that we look back on all that our Crossings community has accomplished.
Did you know . . .
- Crossings was the first dance school in Canada to be an intersection of art and faith. Many said we would never survive!
- During this time we have weathered 2 recessions and a global pandemic.
- We founded Corps Bara Dance Theatre and Crossings Youth Dance Company.
- We have sent dancers around the world for education, training & performance.
- We have leveraged many professional dance careers.
- We have been and continue to be leaders in the integration of healthy dance practises.
- Being a non-competitive school, we have flown under the radar - doing dance differently.
- Many of our faculty have been with us for 25+years and are renown dance educators and creators!
- Our inspiring team hold many certifications, RAD teacher qualifications, ISTD Associates & Fellowships, and BA, BFA, MA & MSC in Dance.
- Three of our faculty are on the board of Healthy Dancer Canada, two are researchers in the field of dance science and medicine,
- Did you know that Karen founded Christian Dance Fellowship of Canada?!
- Crossings was founded on the integration of faith & dance and with the values of COMMUNITY, INTEGRITY, and EXCELLENCE. These values root us in a deep history and guide our vision for the future.
- Crossings is the people, the community, the students, the parents, the teachers, our challenges, and our successes.
- Crossings is about more than just dance.
If you are looking for a fresh and innovative dance experience, consider joining us for our 30th season!
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program, Pre-Primary & Primary programs.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap, Acro and Musical Theatre.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program.
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving!
We are excited to show you what we have done to prepare the studio for our dancers safe return! Providing a SAFE, FUN, NURTURING & INSPIRING place for you and your child to experience the JOY of DANCE!
Here is to an amazing 30th season of dance at Crossings!
If you have any questions regarding Crossings Dance, registration or the health & safety protocols that we have in place to ensure a safe
return to dance, please contact us!
Music: We bought a Zoo, Jonsi (Copyright)
Click here to complete our
FIT FOR DANCE Screening Questionnaire.
*All students, faculty and staff must complete this questionnaire (daily) prior to attending class. A QR code has been placed on both of our front entrances for easy access! But we highly encourage you save the link on your phone and complete the questionnaire before arriving at the studio. Thank you!
Download important documents, quick access out our FIT FOR DANCE questionnaires and take a tour of our updated studio!
- NEW 30th Anniversary SWAG! Click here for more information or to order!
- Private lessons are still available. Details below.
- Check out our new Winter Session programs for Tiny Toes & Adult.
- Read our February Newsletter here!
- Registration for 2020/21 Classes, our 30TH SEASON is ONGOING! REGISTER TODAY
Questions? Email us today!
We are EXTREMELY excited to announce that as of Monday, February 8th, the Alberta Government has eased the restrictions on youth sport and dance activities, which means WE’RE BACK! All other previously announced measures set to ease in Step 1 will also be permitted starting on Feb. 8 as part of Alberta’s four-step path forward.
Indoor masking and distancing requirements will remain in place throughout this stepped approach, and some degree of restrictions will still apply to all activities within each step.
Metrics based on cases and growth, including COVID-19 variants, are being monitored and will also be used to guide any decisions around the need to pause further steps or potentially increase restrictions. We understand that an increase in restrictions may require us to move back to our virtual platform BUT we are committed to doing our utmost to ensure all guidelines are followed. It is important for our students and teacher’s health and well-being that we return to safe in-person classes. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD IF THEY OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOME HAS BEEN EXPOSED OR IS SHOWING SYMPTOMS OF ANY KIND – THIS IS CRUCIAL FOR OUR LONG-TERM RETURN TO CLASSES.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR US?
- All participants must be 18 years old or younger
- 10 Individuals per studio including teacher
- Must remain physical distanced at all times
- Dancers must be masked at all times, except when engaged in physical activity (Masks are REQUIRED in the foyer, washrooms and all public spaces)
- Teachers must remain masked at all times
- Team means: class, group, distanced choreography
- Limited Changerooms
- Foyer will remain closed to parents and gathering outside the building is prohibited
FOR CLASSES OVER 9 STUDENTS
- All classes over 9 students will be contacted directly to make arrangements
***Please note that our virtual option is still available for those who wish to remain virtual or who are in quarantine. Please contact us if this is the case for you/your family.
Private Lessons will still be available. Please refer to our recent email or below for more details and to book a Private Lesson.
Thank you for demonstrating such strength & resilience this season and for continuing on this journey with us. We feel your support and are humbled by the kindness you have shown our staff as they strive to nurture and walk alongside your family. Our team is so proud of our dancers for continually showing up to give your best in class and support your classmates. We can not wait to be back in the studio with you all beginning Monday!
Crossings is and always has been about more than just great dancing! We must continue pressing forward together, adapting as needed for the safety of all, while keeping our eyes on God and a hopeful future. We are so proud of the strength and resilience of our students, families and faculty who continue to live into our mission of COMMUNITY, EXCELLENCE, AND INTEGRITY.
Hang in there!
Karen Sudds and the Crossings Team ♥
Access your Parent Portal here.
Access our Virtual Studio page here.
Order your 30th Anniversary Swag TODAY! Crossings Swag will be available for pre-order
March 1 - 19th, 2021
Child & Adult T-shirts $20
Child Hoodie $32
Adult Hoodie $40
*Tote Bag $10
*Purchase a Crossings Swag Bundle (Hoodie, T-shirt & Toque)
and receive a FREE Tote bag 🙌
Download your order form here or fill one out at the Crossings reception desk.
All orders must be submitted no later than Friday, March 19th.
Orders will be available for pick up at
We are thrilled to be able to once again be able to offer PRIVATE LESSONS!
This upcoming week, we are able to offer additional openings in our evening schedule for Private Lessons, as we will be taking a
Break for Family Week from Tuesday, February 9th - Monday, February 15th.
Privates will continue to be available in the following weeks and months as well.
*To schedule a Private Lesson, please see details below.
Benefits of Private Lessons:
1. Safe dancing environment
Private classes are the safest training option for dancers while we are in the process of transitioning. Private classes allow dancers to have access to the entire studio space, allowing them to perform “full out” and train on a safe sprung dance floor.
2. Personalized programming and growth tracking
Private training is an excellent way to challenge and inspire your dancer. With one-on-one support and personalized programming options, your dancer can quickly condition their body for optimal performance in just a few sessions. Our teachers will happily develop a program that specifically targets where your dancer can grow and offer them supplemental exercises to practice at home.
3. Meets your schedule’s needs
There is a lot of flexibility in private training. We are happy to work around your schedule, practicing at a time that suits your family’s work and personal needs.
4. Genre specific training options
Another benefit of private training is your dancer can choose or we can advise you on the techniques that should be focused on in your private training classes. From ballet to acro, we can accommodate your needs, with fine attention to detail in the growth and technical advancement of your dancer.
5. Bonding and mentorship
After training from home for months, private training is an excellent way for your dancer to receive the in-person support, connection and encouragement from their teachers they have been missing. Private training is an amazing way to boost morale and spark motivation and passion.
SIGN UP ONLINE!
To schedule your private lessons, view our Event Calendar and select the instructor(s) you would like to meet with.
Private Training Rates
$40 (+ gst) - 30 Minute Private
$50 (+ gst) - 45 Minute Private
We are accepting both CASH and E-TRANSFERS for Private Lessons. Please send your E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (use password “swanlake”) OR bring cash upon arrival for your lesson.
Health and Safety Protocols
In accordance with AHS protocols, all dancers and instructors are required to wear masks throughout their training session.
Please sign the FIT FOR DANCE QUESTIONNAIRE within 24hrs prior to your lesson.
February 17 - March 17th, 2021
$87.50 + GST + Registration and Prop Fee
(once per season only)
Calling all dancers ages 3-5 to join us IN-STUDIO for the next five weeks as we celebrate our return to the studio together! Dancers will enjoy fun, creative, and developmentally appropriately learning as we move together and experience the joy of dance.
Mini Session Includes:
- Weekly Classes with a fun new theme each week
- Personal Dance Prop Kit to enhance a safe, multi-sensory learning environment
- Option to attend Virtually as needed (ie. if someone in the family is experiencing Covid-19 symptoms)
- Free BONUS classes - attend Virtually on Mondays 1:00-1:30pm at no additional cost!
Limited spaces available so REGISTER TODAY!
Join us virtually for Session 2 beginning January 4, 2021
Mondays 7:45-8:45pm (Beginner)
Tuesdays 7:30-8:30pm (Inter/Adv)
Have you always wanted to try Tap dance? Get your rhythm on with us in these super fun Adult Tap classes!
De-stress this January – Movement to release tension and increase mobility. Join Karen Sudds for Restorative stretch - back by popular demand! These classes will include Pilates for muscle activation and core strengthening and release techniques to promote increased mobility.
Join us for our 2021 Adult Dance & Fitness Classes.
Classes have begun and we couldn't be more thrilled to
have the studio full of laughter and joy once again!
Registration is still OPEN for our 2020/21 season of dance!
In order to create a SAFE & FUN environment for our students, class sizes are limited so... REGISTER NOW to reserve a spot in your favourite class(s)!
Curious about what we have done to prepare the studio for a safe return to dance? Watch the video below, or click here.
Not sure you’re ready for in-studio classes? No problem! Enjoy classes from the safety and comfort of your home live-streamed via ZOOM.
We encourage you to REGISTER ONLINE for our
2020/21 dance season.
We hope you will join us for our 30th season!
to reserve your spot in your favourite dance classes and join us for our 30th season of dance!
to reserve your spot in your favourite dance classes and join us for our 30th season of dance!
Monday - Friday 3:30 - 7:00pm
We are OPEN and love to meet you! But, we ask that you please contact us ahead of time to schedule a visit.
We would love for you to come in for a visit - we will give you a tour of our studios, answer any of your questions and help you get registered for 2020/21 classes!
If you would like more information about Crossings and what we offer, please contact us!
If these days or times do not work with your schedule, please contact us and we would be happy to arrange an individual appointment with you.
- September 7, 2020 Labour Day (No Classes)
- September 8, 2020 First Day of Classe
- September 9-14. 2020 FREE Trial Class Week
- September 12, 2020 Session 1 classes begi
- September 19, 2020 Open House & Used Sale
- October 10-12, 2020 Thanksgiving (Closed)
- October 19-24, 2020 Parent Viewing Week
- November 11, 2020 Remembrance Day (Open)
- November 13, 2020 All classes move to Virtual Studio
- Nov 30 - Dec 4, 2020 In-class sharing
- December 5-11, 2020 Christmas at Crossings (Virtual)
- December 14-18, 2020 Pajama Party Week (Virtual)
- December 19, 2020 Last Day of Classes (Sat)
- Dec 20 - Jan 3, 2021 Christmas Break (Closed)
- January 4, 2021 Session 2 classes begin
- January 4-8, 2021 January Jumpstart
- January 23, 2021 CYDC PTP begins
- February 9-15, 2021 Family Day Break(Closed)
- March 20, 2021 End of Session 2
- March 26, 2021 Last day of classes
- March 27 - April 9, 2021 Spring Break
- April 10, 2021 Classes resume
- April 12. 2021 Session 2 classes begin
- May 1, 2021 CYDC PTP ends
- May 24, 2021 Victoria Day (Open)
- May 29, 2021 CYDC Auditions
- June 11-12, 2021 Year End Recital - 30th
- June 14-19, 2021 Last week of classes & Photo Week
- June 19, 2021 Last day of classes
Download your printable 2020-21 Important Dates here.
Crossings Youth Dance Company - Inter/Senior Dancers
Performed at: Project Dance NYC April 27, 2019
Choreography: Shelby Kelly
Music: Sleeping At Last