Crossings Dance is committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by our accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training, and as a leader in the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program, Pre-Primary & Primary programs.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap, Acro and Musical Theatre.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program.
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving!
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the decision to suspend all in-person classes until further notices.
However we are excited to announce we will be moving ALL classes ONLINE in our . . .
beginning Friday, April 3rd!
We want to thank you all for your patience, understanding and support as we navigate this uncertain time.
We will continue to remain in contact with you all as this situation unfolds and decisions are made.
For now, please read the IMPORTANT UPDATES below . . .
We are thrilled to be offering an ONLINE PLATFORM to provide you with access to dance & fitness classes, resources, music,
recital choreography and more! Visit our *NEW* VIRTUAL STUDIO page, where you will find everything you need!
You should now have access to your Crossings Google Classroom in which you will find videos from the teachers, recorded classes to work on at home, recital music & videos, finale choreography, notes from the teachers & staff, and links to your child's weekly
Virtual Dance Class (ZOOM).
You should also have been given access to our Crossings FAMILY Classroom, with videos & resources for the whole family!
Be sure to check it out!!
If you have any issues gaining access to your Classroom or have questions about it, contact us!
Beginning Friday, April 3rd
Your regular scheduled dance class will be moving ONLINE to our VIRTUAL STUDIO for the time being.
Find out all about your classes and our VIRTUAL STUDIO here.
FAMILY FACEBOOK GROUP
Have you requested to join our Crossings Dance Family Facebook group yet? If not, we encourage you to do so!
We hope this private group will be a place for encouragement and community and where you can share any needs or support that you may have!
Simply like our Facebook page, click on Groups and request to join the Crossings Dance Family Facebook group.
We hope you will use the resources there to keep not only your dancer, but the whole family MOVING!
Dance is an important part of your child’s life, health, and well-being and we are dedicated to continuing to provide excellent (and innovative)
training for them. We are excited about the opportunity this experience is providing for us to live into our
mission of COMMUNITY, EXCELLENCE, AND INTEGRITY!
Crossings is and always has been about more than just great dancing!
Find out more about our plans for Year End Recital, Senior Showcase, 2020/21 Registration ~ our 30th season ~ in our full update below.
We will continue to send out information and details as they unfold.
PLEASE READ OUR IMPORTANT
UPDATE NOTICE BELOW . . .
Dear Crossings Dance Family,
Oh, my goodness, how are you all? What a roller coaster this has been and will continue to be for all of us. I want to assure you that as a faculty, we have been praying for your health and well-being daily. We are here for you and your family should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Last night, we ZOOM chatted with many of our students and staff. We were able to check in on how everyone is doing, connect our students with their friends, pray and dance together. When 9/11 happened, I remember asking my Mom (who was a 5yr old evacuated in London during the war) what to do, since classes were scheduled to start that day (Sept 11th, 2001). She said, “Keep things as normal as possible for the children.” So that’s what we hope to do now.
I want to assure you that we are actively working to develop short-term and long-term plans to maintain a sense of community, belonging, and routine for your child (and you!) during these rapidly changing times. Dance is an important part of your child’s life, health, and well-being and we are dedicated to continuing to provide excellent (and innovative) training for them. We are excited about the opportunity this experience is providing for us to live into our mission of Community, Excellence, and Integrity. Crossings is and always has been about more than just great dancing!
Plans Going Forward:
- March 23rd – You will be able to link into Crossings Google Classroom in which you will find access to your child’s recital dance music and choreography, notes from teachers and more.
- March 30th – April 2nd – Teacher/Dancer/Parent Interviews will take place via ZOOM at your regularly scheduled times. We are looking forward to connecting with you to discuss your child’s progress, goals, and schedule for next year. You will receive links next week that will guide you in accessing these calls. If you have not yet signed up for an interview, there is still time! You can access the link to sign up here.
- April 3rd – Grand Opening of Crossings “Temporary” Virtual Studio will begin Friday, April 3rd. Yes, we will be live streaming our existing dance class schedule until we are able to resume in person classes at the studio. This will be a live and interactive video between your children and their teachers, a dance class but at home! We plan on using ZOOM for these classes and will send out more details in the next week. We understand this will be a different experience and a short-term solution however, we believe that maintaining consistency is important for our students. We will be scaling our classes to be performed in smaller spaces (ie: your living room, kitchen, hallway…). Our goal is to keep your child engaged with their friends and teachers, benefiting from the physical and emotional benefits of dance and exercise, and remain excited about the future! You will receive a link for each of your child’s regularly scheduled classes and directions on how to link in.
- We have created a Google Family Classroom, which will be available for ALL Crossings families. In this bonus classroom, you will have access to classes and educational videos for dancers, parents, siblings and friends! Here are some of the videos and recourses you will have access to any time of day: Pilates Conditioning, Restorative stretch, Strength and conditioning, Beginner Tap, Dance Anatomy, Interviews with Crossings Faculty, and more!
- Year End Recital: We know that performing is the highlight of our students year and we are working on solutions to ensure they can perform with their friends on stage as soon as possible. We are currently in discussion with the venue for alternative dates and are coming up with additional options if necessary. We understand this is an important celebration for our students and families and are doing everything we can to ensure Crossings dancers will have an opportunity to perform. What a celebration that will be! * Plan A – we have postponed our May recital and rescheduled it to June 22/23. Should we not be able to return to classes by this time or gather in large groups, we will go into Plan B * Plan B – we postpone the recital to early Fall 2020, so we have an AMAZING 30th year with 2 full recitals, one in the Fall and one in the Spring. * All students should continue practicing their recital dances so that we are ready to perform when we return. Costumes are arriving weekly and we are continuing to prepare so that we are ready when given the okay!
- Senior Showcase: We are working on a few options and creative solutions such as filming all of the dances and creating a full-length dance video. More information will be coming!
- Fall Registration for our 30th season: We will be resuming a full schedule of classes in September for our 30th season! Amen! Following your Teacher/Dancer/Parent Interviews, we will mail out class recommendations to all students as well as a schedule for next year. We are currently working on re-registration options for you, in the case that we are unable to offer in-person registration. Stay tuned for more information on this!
Over our 29 years in the community, we have walked through many things together. We are now faced with a new challenge, but together we will rise and come out stronger as a community! Again, we want you to know how grateful we are for your patience and understanding as we navigate this challenging time together. Please give your children love from all of us at Crossings and let them know that we are thinking about them and preparing beautiful, fun and interactive opportunities for us to stay connected to each other and our passion for dance!
We love you all, and look forward to being back together very soon!
From our Crossings Family to yours ❤︎
From our Crossings Family to yours ❤︎
Karen & Ainsley Sudds and the entire Crossings Dance Faculty
- Crossings (the building) is temporarily CLOSED. However we have moved to a Virtual Studio! Want more information? Contact us!
- *IMPORTANT NOTICE* - New this year is our Dancer/Parent/Teacher Interviews the week of March 30 - April 2. Sign up here!
- NEW Parent Portal! Click here to set up your portal today.
- Download our MARCH NEWSLETTER here.
- SUMMER CAMPS!! Registration opens TODAY! ONLINE registration NOW available!
- Year End Recital 2020 - Tuesday, May 26th (Mandatory Dress Rehearsal, Monday, May 25th) *We are looking at future dates*
- Recital details COMING SOON!!!
- Check out our exciting 2019/20 Class Schedule.
- Registration for 2019/20 Classes is ONGOING!! Register today to save a spot in your favourite class!
Questions? Email us today!
Get caught up on all things MARCH by downloading the
Be sure to read our March Newsletter for important information regarding all upcoming events, performances, new sessions and happenings around Crossings!
Crossings will now be closed an additional week prior to our
Monday, March 16th - Sunday, March 29th.
All classes resume Monday, March 30th for our Teacher/Parent/Dancer interviews.
(Adult classes not included, you will have class as usual.)
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Spring Break!
March 30th – April 2nd
*Friday & Saturday classes, not included (Classes will run as usual)
We are continually evaluating our processes and teaching practices to ensure they are in line with our core values (Community, Integrity, and Excellence). Historically we have sent home a report card with recommendations for the following years classes. However, upon reflection, we believe meeting with you and our students in person is more in keeping with our commitment to building community and fostering a culture of open communication. A written report does not provide opportunity for questions, discussion, and feedback. We have also heard from many of you that you value hearing from our faculty and staff in person, so we are taking this into consideration as we try something new!
This year we will be holding our first Parent/Dancer/Teacher interviews. These interviews will take place during the week of March 30th – April 2nd. There will be no dance classes this week in order to allow you as many opportunities as possible to visit with each of your child’s teachers. During this time the teachers will review the year, provide valuable feedback, answer any questions you may have, and go over the class recommendations for next year. You will receive an email with a link to a calendar where you can schedule yourself in.
Thank you for allowing us the honor of partnering with you in your child’s development.
Crossings Faculty & Staff
Sign up for interviews here!
*You will need to sign up individual for each faculty member you wish to meet with.
Simply click "reset password" to set up your account.
Our NEW Parent Portal will allow you to edit your personal information, keep track of your fees and payments,
see you class information and stay connected with the most recent news and updates!
We hope this feature will help you feel more connected to your child's dance journey at Crossings.
Crossings will be closed for Easter weekend
Friday, April 10th - Sunday, April 12th.
All Virtual classes resume Monday, April 13th.
Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Easter!
We know that performing is the highlight of our students year and we are working on solutions to ensure they can perform with their friends on stage as soon as possible. We are currently in discussion with the venue for alternative dates and are coming up with additional options if necessary. We understand this is an important celebration for our students and families and are doing everything we can to ensure Crossings dancers will have an opportunity to perform. What a celebration that will be!
* Plan A - we have postponed our May recital and rescheduled it to June 22/23. Should we not be able to return to classes by this time or gather in large groups, we will go into Plan B.
* Plan B – we postpone the recital to early Fall 2020, so we have an AMAZING 30th year with 2 full recitals, one in the Fall and one in the Spring.
* All students should continue practicing their recital dances so that we are ready to perform when we return. Costumes are arriving weekly and we are continuing to prepare so that we are ready when given the okay!
We are working on a few options and creative solutions such as filming all of the dances and creating a full-length dance video. More information will be coming!
Stay tuned for more details!
Dress Rehearsal: Monday, May 25th
Recital: Tuesday, May 26th
*Dress Rehearsals times and details will be sent out mid April.
It is required that all students attend the Dress Rehearsal.
Ticket information will be released closer to the date.
Our Year End Recital and Dress RehearsaL is held at
First Alliance Church
12345 40th St S.E, Calgary, AB
Stay tuned for more details!
Mondays 3:30 - 6:30pm
Tuesdays 3:30 - 6:30pm
Wednesdays 3:30 - 6:30pm
Thursdays 3:30 - 6:30pm
We would love to meet you!
Come on in for a visit - we will give you a tour of our studios, answer any of your questions and help you get registered for 2019/20 classes!
If these days or times do not work with your schedule, please contact us and we would be happy to arrange an individual appointment with you.
Download a printable list of Important Dates here.
- September 9, 2019 Classes begin (Monday)
- September 9-14, 2019 FREE Trial Classes
- September 15, 2019 Open House & Second Hand Dancewear Sale (2-4pm)
- September 23-28, 2019 Bring-a-Friend Week
- October 12-14, 2019 Thanksgiving Weekend (Studio closed, No classes)
- Nov 11, 2019 Remembrance Day (Classes as usual)
- Dec 1, 2019 Christmas Gala (All students)
- Dec 16-21, 2019 Pajama Part Week
- Dec 21, 2019 Last day of classes (Saturday)
- Dec 22 - Jan 5, 2020 Christmas Break (Studio closed)
- Jan 6, 2020 Classes resume (Full Year & Sessional)
- Jan 25-31, 2020 Parent Viewing Week
- Jan 28, 2020 Adult Session 2 begins
- Feb 7-8, 2020 CYDC Performance
- Feb 13-17, 2020 Family Day Weekend (Studio closed, No classes)
- March 7, 2020 I.S.T.D Ballet Exams
- March 21, 2020 Last day of classes (Saturday)
- March 16-29, 2020 Spring Break (Studio closed)
- March 30, 2020 Classes resume (Monday)
- Mar 30 -Apr 2, 2020 Teacher/Parent/Dancer Interviews
- April 10-12, 2020 Easter Weekend (Studio closed, No classes)
- April 12, 2020 Easter Monday (Classes as usual)
- May 2, 2020 Senior Showcase
- May 18, 2020 Victoria Day (Classes as usual)
- May 19, 2020 Adult Session 2 ends
- May 25, 2020 Year End Dress Rehearsal *TBA
- May 26, 2020 Year End Recital *TBA
- May 27-30, 2020 No Classes
- May 30, 2020 CYDC Auditions
- June 1-7, 2020 Photo Week
- June 8-11, 2020 *Make up class week
- June 11, 2020 NEW Last day of classes
We have changed some of our class names for our 2019/20 season. Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 will now go by Pre-Junior 1 & 2, Junior 1 & 2 and Intermediate 1 & 2. In order to help you better understand what levels to register for we have created a conversion sheet for you here!
We are also very excited to be offering a variety of Tiny Toes & Pre Primary class times and styles! From Ballet, Jazz, Tap and Acro!!
Don't miss out on these exciting classes!
Have questions? We would love to hear from you!
Crossings Youth Dance Company - Inter/Senior Dancers
Performed at: Project Dance NYC April 27, 2019
Choreography: Shelby Kelly
Music: Sleeping At Last