For 31 years, Crossings Dance has remained committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by accredited faculty. We have a legacy of providing high-quality technical and artistic training. Through our leadership in dance education and the integration of dance science, we focus on providing the necessary tools for our students to achieve their dance goals. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity, uniqueness and well-being of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
It is with hope & faith that we enter into this 32nd year and with humility & awe that we look back on all that our Crossings community has accomplished. If you are looking for a fresh and innovative dance experience, consider joining us for our
2022/23 season of dance!
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program, Pre-Primary & Primary programs.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap, Acro and Musical Theatre.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program. Offering classes in Ballet, Modern/Contemporary, and more!
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving! Offering Adult Ballet, Tap & Restorative Stretch classes.
- Congrats to all of our students on an AMAZING performance at this years Year End Recital!
- Photo Week - June 7-13, 2022. More details below!
- REGISTRATION for our 2022/23 dance season is NOW OPEN ~ REGISTER TODAY!
- SUMMER 2022 Registration NOW OPEN ~ REGISTER TODAY and get EARLY BIRD RATES!
- Questions about what we are doing for the Health & Safety of our students, faculty & families? Find out more here.
We hope you will join us for our 2022/23 Season of Dance!
Questions? Email us today!
Congrats to all of our students on an AMAZING performance at this years Year End Recital!
We are so proud of each and everyone of you!
Parents are invited to join us for the week of
Tuesday, June 7 - Monday, June 13th for Photo Week!
Please refer to our Photo Week schedule for specific times.
Upon arrival for class, dancers will dress in full Recital costume, hair and makeup. Parents will then be invited in to class to watch their child's dance one more time and take photos of your child in costume. Please refer to the attached schedule above for specific times.
We hope you will join us for our 32nd year of dance at Crossings! Class sizes will be limited, so don't miss out...
REGISTER EARLY to guarantee your stop!
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance registering!
Check out our 2022/23 Class Schedule here!
Join us this summer for one of our exciting
SUMMER DANCE CAMPS or INTENSIVES!
Click here to find out more about our Dance Camps & Intensives.
SUMMER DANCE CAMPS
ALL of our favourite camps back by demand!
Tutus & Tiaras July 11-15
KAPOW July 11-15
Dance Pawty August 8-12
Dancing Bible Stories August 15-18
BACK TO DANCE INTENSIVES
Work with a variety of high-level instructors from Crossings &
the Calgary dance community, try out new styles of dance,
and bring your dancing to the NEXT LEVEL!
Ages 8-15yrs 1:00-4:00pm
Get ready to JUMP back into dance this fall with this action-packed intensive including Acro, Contemporary, Ballet, Jazz, Character, Stretch & Conditioning! Students will be divided into levels according to age & experience.
Vocational 2-4/Adv 6:30-8:00pm
Get ready to JUMP back into dance this fall with this week-long intensive including Ballet, Contemporary, 'Acro for Contemporary Dancers' and MORE!
*This intensive is for advanced dancers only. Students must be entering Vocational 2 or higher (Intermediate Foundation - Advanced).
Monday - Friday
4:00 - 7:00pm
We would love to hear from you or meet you in person! Please contact us and we will happily arrange a time for you to come in for a visit - we will give you a tour of our studios, answer any of your questions and help you get registered for 2022/23 classes!
If you would like more information about Crossings and what we offer, please contact us! If these days or times do not work with your schedule, please contact us and we would be happy to arrange an individual appointment with you.
- Mar 4-5 CYDC Performance
- Mar 15 Summer 2022 Registration OPENS
- Mar 19 Session 2 classes end
- Mar 21-26 Spring Break (Studio Closed)
- Mar 28 Session 3 classes begin
- April 1 2022/23 Registration OPENS
- Apr 15-18 Easter Break (Studio Closed)
- May 23 Victoria Day (Studio OPEN)
- May 14 CYDC Auditions
- May 30-31 Year End Dress Rehearsal & Recital
- June 1 Recital rest (Studio Closed)
- June 2 Make up classes for Thur evening classes
- June 7-13 Last week of classes/Photo Week
- June 11 Session 3 classes end
- June 13 Last day of classes
2022/23 Important Dates:
- Sept 9 First day of Full Year Classes
- Sept 10 First day of Sessional Classes
- Sept 12-17 FREE Trial Week!
- Sept 17 Open House & Second hand sale
- Sept 19-24 Bring-A-Friend Week
- Sept 30 National Day for Truth & Reconciliation (Studio Closed)
- Oct 8-10 Thanksgiving weekend (Studio Closed)
- Nov 11 Remembrance Day (Studio Closed)
- Dec 5 Session 1 classes end
- Dec TBA - Christmas at Crossings
- Dec 13-19 Pajama Party week!
- Dec 19 Last day of classes
- Dec 20-Jan 5 Christmas Break (Studio Closed)
- Jan 6 Full Year Classes resume
- Jan 7 Session 2 Classes begin
- Feb 18-20 Family Day weekend (Studio Closed)
- Mar 17-18 CYDC Performance (Tentative)
- Mar 20 Session 2 Classes end
- Mar 27-Apr 2 Spring Break (Studio Closed)
- Apr 3 Session 3 Classes begin
- Apr 7-10 Easter Weekend (Studio Closed)
- May 13 CYDC Auditions
- May 22 Victoria Day (Classes run as usual)
- May 29-30 Year End Recital
- May 31-June 1 Recital rest (No classes)
- June 5-10 Last week of classes/Photo week
- June 12 Last day of Full Year Classes
- June 19 Last day of Session 3 Classes
Download your printable2022-23 Important Dates here.
Crossings Youth Dance Company - Inter/Senior Dancers
Performed at: Project Dance NYC April 27, 2019
Choreography: Shelby Kelly
Music: Sleeping At Last