For 30 years, Crossings Dance has been committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training, and as a leader in dance education and the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Despite these uncertain times, it is with hope & faith that we enter into this 30th year and with humility & awe that we look back on all that our Crossings community has accomplished.
Did you know . . .
- Crossings was the first dance school in Canada to be an intersection of art and faith. Many said we would never survive!
- During this time we have weathered 2 recessions and a global pandemic.
- We founded Corps Bara Dance Theatre and Crossings Youth Dance Company.
- We have sent dancers around the world for education, training & performance.
- We have leveraged many professional dance careers.
- We have been and continue to be leaders in the integration of healthy dance practises.
- Being a non-competitive school, we have flown under the radar - doing dance differently.
- Many of our faculty have been with us for 25+years and are renown dance educators and creators!
- Our inspiring team hold many certifications, RAD teacher qualifications, ISTD Associates & Fellowships, and BA, BFA, MA & MSC in Dance.
- Three of our faculty are on the board of Healthy Dancer Canada, two are researchers in the field of dance science and medicine,
- Did you know that Karen founded Christian Dance Fellowship of Canada?!
- Crossings was founded on the integration of faith & dance and with the values of COMMUNITY, INTEGRITY, and EXCELLENCE. These values root us in a deep history and guide our vision for the future.
- Crossings is the people, the community, the students, the parents, the teachers, our challenges, and our successes.
- Crossings is about more than just dance.
If you are looking for a fresh and innovative dance experience, consider joining us for our 30th season!
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program, Pre-Primary & Primary programs.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap, Acro and Musical Theatre.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program.
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving!
We are excited to show you what we have done to prepare the studio for our dancers safe return! Providing a SAFE, FUN, NURTURING & INSPIRING place for you and your child to experience the JOY of DANCE!
Here is to an amazing 30th season of dance at Crossings!
If you have any questions regarding Crossings Dance, registration or the health & safety protocols that we have in place to ensure a safe
return to dance, please contact us!
Music: We bought a Zoo, Jonsi (Copyright)
- Please read our recent Covid-19 Closure information below.
- Read our November Newsletter here!
- Click here to complete our Covid Screening Questionnaire.
- Dancer Health & Wellness Workshop #1 - ***POSTPONED to Friday, January 8th. SIGN UP TODAY!
- CHRISTMAS AT CROSSINGS - November 30 - December 11, 2020 (Nov 21-27 for Tiny Toes)
- Registration for 2020/21 Classes, our 30TH SEASON is ONGOING! REGISTER TODAY
- Have you watched out Crossings 29th Annual Year End Recital yet? Click here to view.
- Check out our NEW Health & Safety page! Download important documents, quick access out our FIT FOR DANCE questionnaires and take a tour of our updated studio!
Questions? Email us today!
To our Crossings Community,
I am certain that you have heard the news and are aware that the Alberta government has issued a 2-week “Circuit Breaker” that will take effect as of Friday, November 13th through Friday, November 27th. This is unfortunate as an exceedingly small percentage of transmission is happening in businesses where protocols are in place and being observed.
We want to thank you for your patience and ensure you that we are working to provide the best quality training and instruction to your children despite current restrictions. Dance is not only beneficial, but I would suggest that for many, it is essential for their overall health and well-being. While this is disheartening for our community, we know how much your children love to dance (with their friends), and we are committed to making this happen.
In response to the recent restrictions put in place in Alberta, Crossings, along with all dance studios, have been mandated to close for the duration of two weeks with a reopening of in-person classes on Saturday, November 28th. Fortunately, we are well prepared to pivot our classes to our in-home Virtual Studio via Zoom for this short period of time. Over these two weeks, students will have fun continuing to prepare for the Christmas at Crossings Showcase. We understand this is short notice for this evenings classes (Friday) and CYDC, thank you again for your patience and understanding.
You should have received a Zoom link for you or your child’s class upon registration. If you have lost this, it can be found in your parent portal or you can email us, and we would be happy to send it to you. Please visit our Virtual Studio page on the website or contact us for assistance accessing your virtual classes. We can’t wait to see you in class!
Access your Parent Portal here.
Access our Virtual Studio page here.
Below you will find more information regarding our upcoming Christmas at Crossings Showcase, Dancer Health & Wellness Workshop, Sessional Classes and CYDC.
CHRISTMAS AT CROSSINGS SHOWCASES:
Your children have been working hard and are incredibly excited to share their Christmas performances with you. We already have special lighting, staging and decorations in place. The show must go on! Christmas at Crossings performances have been moved to the weeks of December 7th - 19th. All Covid-19 safety procedures and policies will be followed. Stay tuned for more information.
DANCER HEALTH & WELLNESS WORKSHOP
Our November 20th workshop will be rescheduled. Stay tuned for a new date!
- All Tiny Toes classes will be postponed during the “Circuit Breaker” and will resume Saturday, November 28thand continue until Friday, December 11th.
- Adult Tap and Adult Ballet/Jazz classes will be postponed during the “Circuit Breaker” and will resume Monday, November 29th and continue until Friday, December 11th.
- Restorative Stretch will move to our Virtual Studio (Zoom), with Session 1 ending on November 26th.
- All Session 2 classes will now begin the week of January 4th.
CROSSINGS YOUTH DANCE COMPANY (aka. CYDC)
Keep your eyes open for an email update from Miss. Kristen!
Crossings is and always has been about more than just great dancing! We must continue pressing forward together, adapting as needed for the safety of all, while keeping our eyes on God and a hopeful future. We are so proud of the strength and resilience of our students, families and faculty who continue to live into our mission of COMMUNITY, EXCELLENCE, AND INTEGRITY.
Hang in there!
Karen Sudds and the Crossings Team ♥
If you feel inclined this petition has been put together by dance studios across Alberta to advocate on behalf of programming that is not proven to increase transmission or present unnecessary risk. It worked in Ontario, let’s see if we can make it happen in Alberta!
As part of our commitment to our student’s health and well-being, we will be running special workshops throughout the year with guest presenters. These workshops are designed to equip our students with the necessary tools to live a vibrant and healthy physical, mental, emotional and spiritual life inside and outside the dance studio.
We are thrilled to welcome
Lauren Ritchie as our first presenter in this workshop series!
Lauren specializes in Mental Skills Training which involves the development of mental and emotional skills, techniques, attitudes, perspectives, and processes that lead to performance enhancement and personal development.
Knowing that our students have been living in a state of constant change, it is crucial to prioritize building their emotional and mental health. Lauren is a gifted and highly sought after leader in this field both nationally and internationally (see attachment).
This workshop is for Crossings students, junior 2 and up.
The price has been subsidized in order to make this two hour workshop accessible for more dancers.
There are ONLY 16 spots available, so SIGN UP TODAY and don’t miss this great opportunity!
*POSTPONED to Friday, January 8th
(Please etransfer $42 to email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE!
December 7 - 18
Join us for our annual
CHRISTMAS AT CROSSINGS
We are excited to announce that Crossings will be hosting a series of very special Christmas performances (featuring your children) to celebrate our dancers’ incredible progress so far this season!
Each class will perform in their own mini Christmas showcase held over two weeks November 30th - December 11th. These performances will be hosted IN-STUDIO and scheduled within your regular class times. Showcases will also feature special guest performances by our very own Crossings Youth Dance Company!
Due to government regulations and studio capacity limitations, we are only able to accommodate ONE In-Studio audience member per student in each showcase. Masks will be mandatory for ALL In-Studio attendees (not including dancers during performance). Tickets are $10.00 per showcase CASH only. Each ticket will include a Zoom link for a livestream viewing of the performance. This link can be shared with friends and family members who are unable to attend the showcase in-person. Given that most dancers are in multiple classes, we encourage you to consider having family members take turns attending the different performances in person.
We hope you are as excited as we are to celebrate the holiday season in this joyous, dance-filled way. Thank you for support as we work together to navigate these unusual times. Please let us know if you have any questions.
How to attend Christmas at Crossings:
- RSVP - please email us or visit the Front Desk between 3:30-6:30pm Monday-Friday to claim your spots IN-STUDIO.
- Tickets are $10.00 (cash only) per performance, to be paid in advance. *NOTE: Rather than receiving a physical ticket, your name will be added to a guest list for the showcase.
- Masks will be mandatory for all in-studio audience members.
- As part of your ticket purchase, you will receive a Zoom link will be sent upon receipt of payment. We encourage you to share this link with your loved ones who are unable to join us in-studio. Please let us know if you will be attending VIRTUALLY ONLY, as this will open up an additional In-Studio seat for another family.
- Guests, arrive at the time of your scheduled showing (please do not come early). Students will attend their FULL scheduled class on performance days as usual.
*Dancers, please attend all of your other regular scheduled classes throughout these weeks as you are able. Regular Zoom links for virtual attendance will, unfortunately, be unavailable for these two weeks.
Classes have begun and we couldn't be more thrilled to
have the studio full of laughter and joy once again!
Registration is still OPEN for our 2020/21 season of dance!
In order to create a SAFE & FUN environment for our students, class sizes are limited so... REGISTER NOW to reserve a spot in your favourite class(s)!
Curious about what we have done to prepare the studio for a safe return to dance? Watch the video below, or click here.
Not sure you’re ready for in-studio classes? No problem! Enjoy classes from the safety and comfort of your home live-streamed via ZOOM.
We encourage you to REGISTER ONLINE for our
2020/21 dance season.
We hope you will join us for our 30th season!
to reserve your spot in your favourite dance classes and join us for our 30th season of dance!
to reserve your spot in your favourite dance classes and join us for our 30th season of dance!
NOW in an email inbox near you!
We are so proud of all of our students and are so excited to share their accomplishments with your friends & family ❤️
Click here to download our 29th Annual Year End Recital!
Or click here to watch now!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Recital ticket sales are an important part of our annual budget. This year, we did not receive revenue from ticket sales to help offset the costs of the labor and software required in the making of this video. If you are able, we would greatly appreciate your contribution to the costs incurred in producing this 2020 Virtual Recital. You will find a Go Fund Me link below which will direct you to a donation page. Thank you for continuing to support your children and our greater Crossings community!
CLICK HERE to donate.
Monday - Friday 3:30 - 7:00pm
We are OPEN and love to meet you! But, we ask that you please contact us ahead of time to schedule a visit.
We would love for you to come in for a visit - we will give you a tour of our studios, answer any of your questions and help you get registered for 2020/21 classes!
If you would like more information about Crossings and what we offer, please contact us!
If these days or times do not work with your schedule, please contact us and we would be happy to arrange an individual appointment with you.
- September 7, 2020 Labour Day (No Classes)
- September 8, 2020 First Day of Classe
- September 9-14. 2020 FREE Trial Class Week
- September 12, 2020 Session 1 classes begi
- September 19, 2020 Open House & Used Sale
- October 10-12, 2020 Thanksgiving (Closed)
- October 19-24, 2020 Parent Viewing Week
- November 11, 2020 Remembrance Day (Open)
- November 13 - 27, 2020 All classes move to Virtual Studio
- December 7-18, 2020 Christmas at Crossings (TBA)
- December 15-21, 2020 Pajama Party Week (TBA)
- December 21, 2020 Last Day of Classes (Mon)
- Dec 22 - Jan 3, 2021 Christmas Break (Closed)
- January 4, 2021 Classes resume
- January 4, 2021 Session 2 classes begin
- January 25-30, 2021 Parent Viewing Week
- February 11-15, 2021 Family Day Weekend (Closed)
- February/March 2021 CYDC Performance
- March 6, 2021 Session 3 classes begin
- March 27, 2021 Last day of classes
- March 28 - April 10, 2021 Spring Break
- April 5-10, 2021 Parent/Teacher Interviews
- April 12, 2021 Classes resume
- May 1, 2021 Senior Showcase (Tentative)
- May 17, 2021 Year End Dress Rehearsal
- May 18, 2021 Year End Recital - 30th
- May 19-22, 2021 No classes
- May 24, 2021 Victoria Day (Open)
- May 24-29, 2021 Photo Week
- May 29, 2021 CYDC Auditions
- May 31 - June 5, 2021 Last week of classes
- June 5, 2021 Last day of classes
Download your printable 2020-21 Important Dates here.
Crossings Youth Dance Company - Inter/Senior Dancers
Performed at: Project Dance NYC April 27, 2019
Choreography: Shelby Kelly
Music: Sleeping At Last