Crossings Dance is committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by our accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training, and as a leader in the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap and Acro dance.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program.
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving!
- Bring-a-Friend Week - invite your friends to join you for class the week of September 24-29th.
- Full Year Classes have begun!
- Sessional classes have begun! Download our Sessional Calendar for class dates.
- It's not too late to register! Registration for our 2018-19 season is ongoing. Contact us to register today!
- Join in the fun, and take part in this Summer's #crossingsdancelife photo contest!
- Are you an Advanced or Pre-Professional dancer looking for a great Modern class in the Calgary area? Join us for our Open Limon-based Modern class.
Find out more about these exciting happenings below or
email us today!
Crossings Swag is still available! Get your sweatpants, sweatshirt or t-shirt today. Visit us at the studio front desk.
We would just like to remind you that we have a very busy parking lot and we need to be respectful of all the businesses in the
building who use it. Thank you for your cooperation!
Share your love of dance with your friends and invite them to our Bring-A-Friend week!
Friends are welcome to join our Crossings students in any of their classes the week of September 24th-29th.
Friends should be similar in age to the Crossings student, and they can wear any athletic attire they already have at home.
This city-wide, Open Limon-based Modern Class is for Advanced and Pre-Professional dancers.
16 weeks: September 17th - January 21st (no class October 8th, December 24th & December 31st)
$352 + gst
Contact us to register today!
Have you always wanted to try contemporary, tap or ballet but feel like it’s too late to start? It is not too late!! Put on those leggings, throw your hair up, and join us for our ADULT DANCE CLASSES!!!
We would love for you to experience the joy of dance in our safe and fun environment at Crossings!
- - Monday’s 7:30-8:45pm
- - Wednesday’s 7:30-8:45pm
- - Thursday’s 8:30-9:30pm
Did you know dancing makes you smarter? Studies have shown that dancing reduces the risk of dementia, stress and depression while increasing energy, flexibility, strength and balance. It also increases our mental capacity by exercising our cognitive process – and besides, it’s just plain FUN! It is never too late begin dancing, so join us for an evening of Ballet, Tap, Modern and Pilates!
Or contact us to register or for more details.
Last Summer we held a dance photo contest, and it was so much fun, we're doing it again! This Summer, we encourage all of our students to take a photo of themselves doing their favourite dance jump! Post it to Instagram, tag @crossingsdance and hashtag #crossingsdancelife, and you could win!
1. Take a picture of your dance jump
2. Post it to Instagram
3. Tag @crossingsdance
4. Hashtag #crossingsdancelife
We look forward to seeing all of this year's entries!
Did you know that Crossings Youth Dance Company travels every April to NYC to participate in Project Dance New York City?
Here is one of the dances three of our Vocational 4/Intersect dancers performed when they took the stage in Times Square this April:
Crossings Youth Dance Company at Project Dance NYC
April 21, 2018
Dancers: CYDC Intersect Dancers
Music: Love Song by KXC Worship
Choreography: Ainsley Sudds
- September 24-29, 2018 Bring-A-Friend Week
- October 6-8, 2018 Thanksgiving Weekend (no classes)
- December 17-22, 2018 Pajama Party Week
- December 22, 2018 Last Day of Full Year Classes (Saturday)
- December 23 - January 6 Christmas Break (Studio Closed)
- January 7, 2019 Full Year Classes Resume
- February 16-18, 2019 Family Day Weekend (no classes)
- March 23, 2019 Last Day of Classes (Saturday)
- March 24 - April 5 Spring Break (Studio Closed)
- April 6, 2019 Classes Resume
- April 19-21, 2019 Easter Weekend (Studio Closed)
- April 22, 2019 Easter Monday (Studio Open - Classes as Usual)
- May 20, 2019 Victoria Day (Studio Open - Classes as Usual)
- May 29-31, 2019 No Classes
- June 1-6, 2019 Photo Week
- June 6, 2019 Last Day of Full Year Classes
Here is a look at all of the entries and winners from last summer's #crossingsdancelife contest.
Crossings students were encouraged to take a dance photo anywhere in the world, then post to it Instagram or Facebook,
hashtagging #crossingsdancelife and tagging @crossingsdance. This fall, Crossings staff went through dozens of entries
and chose 3 winners... Emma B. (Vocational 1), Allyson M. (Grade 6) and Janine H. (Vocational 4).
We look forward to seeing what our students come up with this summer!