Below is a reminder about the current restrictions for dancers in school Grades 7-12.
All students below Grade 7 will continue with IN-STUDIO classes.
For two weeks, beginning Monday, April 19th, the following restrictions will apply to Grade 7 to 12 students dancing at Crossings…
- Calgary residents in the restricted age group (Gr7-12) will move to our Virtual Classroom as all indoor activities for this age group are now restricted.
- Lessons can run outdoors and we are looking into the viability of this from a safety and insurance perspective.
- Students that live outside of Calgary in the restricted age group are not permitted to attend in-studio classes in Calgary and will therefore move to our Virtual Classroom.
- Those homeschooled outside of Calgary in the restricted age group are also not permitted to attend in-studio classes in Calgary and will therefore move to our Virtual Classroom.
- Teacher Assistants (TEAM). This still needs further clarification. We will advise you as soon as we receive clarification.
Private Lessons will still be available for dancers of ALL ages & grade. Please contact us book a Private Lesson.
We cannot communicate how saddened we are that our youth are experiencing such upheaval in their lives. We will continue to go above and beyond in offering an excellent Virtual option for those affected by these restrictions and will do everything in our power to get our students back in the studio as soon as possible. We are also preparing some exciting options for outdoor training & potential performance opportunities for our older students. Stay tuned :)
Thank you for continuing to demonstrate such strength & resilience this season! We feel your support and are humbled by the kindness you have shown our staff as they strive to nurture and walk alongside your family. Our team is so proud of our dancers for continually showing up to give your best in class and support your classmates. We can not wait for the day we are ALL back together for a full season of dance!
Please continue to follow all Health & Safety Protocols before attending class, complete our online Health & Safety Questionnaire, do not attend class if feel unwell, masks are required in our public spaces and sanitizer is available throughout our studio. We will also be implementing mask wearing for all travelling and across the floor exercises in class (except those who are mask exempt due to medical exception).
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD IF THEY OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOME HAS BEEN EXPOSED OR IS SHOWING SYMPTOMS OF ANY KIND – THIS IS CRUCIAL FOR OUR LONG-TERM RETURN TO CLASSES.
Crossings is and always has been about more than just great dancing! We must continue pressing forward together, adapting as needed for the safety of all, while keeping our eyes on God and a hopeful future. We are so proud of the strength and resilience of our students, families and faculty who continue to live into our mission of COMMUNITY, EXCELLENCE, AND INTEGRITY.
Hang in there!
Karen Sudds and the Crossings Team ♥