Crossings Dance is committed to nurturing individuals of all ages and levels on their dance journeys, supported by our accredited faculty. Crossings Dance has a legacy of technical and artistic training, and as a leader in the integration of dance science, we develop healthy dancers. Drawing from our Christian roots, Crossings Dance takes a holistic approach; respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each person by creating an environment for personal growth (body, mind and spirit).
Experience the world of dance through our integrative dance training programs:
- The joy of dance is the focus in our Tiny Toes Program.
- Our comprehensive Child and Youth Program offers young dancers training in dance styles including: Ballet, Jazz/Modern, Tap and Acro dance.
- Take your training to the next level with our pre-professional Vocational Program.
- At Crossings we offer cutting edge dance specific Strength & Conditioning class for our Child and Youth Program and Vocational Program.
- Did you know that it is never too late to begin dancing? Join us for our Adult Classes, and get moving!
- Early Bird Registration for Fall 2018 runs until May 18th
- Crossings Youth Dance Company Auditions - May 5th
- Summer at Crossings - Register today for Tutus & Tiaras (ages 3-6 yrs) or Summer Dance Classes (Inter/Adv)
- Year End Recital - May 28th (mandatory Dress Rehearsal) and May 29th (Recital)
Find out more about these exciting happenings below or
email us today!
Crossings Swag is still available! Get your sweatpants, sweatshirt or t-shirt today. Visit us at the studio front desk.
We would just like to remind you that we have a very busy parking lot and we need to be respectful of all the businesses in the
building who use it. Thank you for your cooperation!
Did you know that Crossings Youth Dance Company travels every April to NYC to participate in Project Dance New York City?
Here is one of the dances three of our Vocational 4/Intersect dancers performed when they took the stage in Times Square a few weeks ago:
Crossings Youth Dance Company at Project Dance NYC
April 21, 2018
Dancers: CYDC Intersect Dancers
Music: Love Song by KXC Worship
Choreography: Ainsley Sudds
Auditions for the 2018-19 season will be held Saturday, May 5th, 2018
Registration for the audition is required - email us today!
Crossings Youth Dance Company (aka. CYDC) is a Calgary faith-based performance group that provides an outlet for young dancers to develop their artistic skill and gain performance experience. Through mentorship of the whole dancer (body, mind, spirit), CYDC hopes to expand the dancers' understanding and integration of faith and art. As well, through ministry opportunities such as performing in churches, schools, senior homes and community events, CYDC desires to give back to the community and inspire others.
For more information about CYDC, click here.
Ages 3-6 yrs
July 16th - 20th, 2018
9:30 - 11:30am
$195 (+ gst)
Back by popular demand! Tell your friends who have little ones - this is one of the most fun dance camps in the city! Join Miss Kristen and Miss Ainsley for a week of Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Crafts, Games, Tea Parties and more!
July 10th - August 16, 2018
Tuesday & Thursday evenings
Are you looking for an opportunity to continue training in Ballet, Modern and Contemporary throughout the summer? Did you know that Crossings offers on-going summer classes for Intermediate/Advanced level dancers? These semi-weekly classes are open to dancers city-wide. Classes will be taught by a variety of local master teachers.
6 & 8 class cards available!
6 Class Card:
Regular Registration $150 (+ gst)
8 Class Card:
Regular Registration $200 (+ gst)
Email us to purchase your 6 or 8 class card today!
Tuesday, May 29th - 6:45pm
First Alliance Church (Calgary SE)
*Mandatory Dress Rehearsal for all Full Year students
Monday, May 28th
More information coming soon!
- May 5, 2018 CYDC 2018-19 Auditions
- May 21, 2018 Victoria Day (classes as usual)
- May 28, 2018 Year End Dress Rehearsal
- May 29, 2018 Year End Recital
- May 30, 2018 No Classes
- May 31, 2018 Make up Class for Thursday classes
- June 2 - 7, 2018 Photo Week
- June 7, 2018 Last Day of Full Year Classes
- July 6 - 8, 2018 Project Dance Calgary
- July 16 - 20, 2018 Tutus & Tiaras Summer Camp
Here is a look at all of the entries and winners from this past summer's #crossingsdancelife contest.
Crossings students were encouraged to take a dance photo anywhere in the world, then post to it Instagram or Facebook,
hashtagging #crossingsdancelife and tagging @crossingsdance. This fall, Crossings staff went through dozens of entries
and chose 3 winners... Emma B. (Vocational 1), Allyson M. (Grade 6) and Janine H. (Vocational 4).
We look forward to seeing what our students come up with next summer!